I. B. E. W. Local 134 and the Electrical Contractors’ Association sponsor apprenticeship programs in Cook County Illinois through the Electrical Joint Apprenticeship and Training Trust (EJATT). EJATT has permission from the U.S. Department of Labor to open a registration for new applicants for its Communications Program. For more information on this program, please go to our website at www.ejatt.com.
Registration for the Communications Program will take place at the
IBEW-NECA Technical Institute
6201 W. 115th street, Alsip, Illinois
Beginning March 15, 2023
9:00 A.M. until 11:00 A.M
All applicants must report in person and bring the following documents in order to register:
1. Your valid Driver’s License.
2. Your original Social Security Card.
You must provide copies of the following documents that will be kept by EJATT (No documents will be copied in our office or returned to you):
3. A $50.00 non-refundable registration fee (Money Order only made payable to EJATT).
4. To prove employment eligibility, you must provide a copy of your U.S. Birth Certificate, U.S. Passport, Certificate of U.S. Citizenship or Naturalization, or Permanent Resident Alien Card. (Minimum age of 17 at registration).
5. To prove High School Graduation (HS), you must provide a copy of your HS transcript (official or unofficial with a graduation date posted), or a copy of a HS Diploma, or GED Certificate. College transcripts do not satisfy this requirement. HS seniors in their last semester prior to graduation may register with acceptance contingent upon graduation.
6. To prove one full year of HS level Algebra with a grade of at least “C” or better, or one post HS level Algebra course or higher level course with a grade of at least C or better, you must provide a copy of a transcript. Note: The GED Math Certification does not satisfy this requirement.
Upon an offer of apprenticeship, you must be able to demonstrate that you can perform the essential functions of an apprentice electrician with or without a reasonable accommodation. In addition, a drug screen, physical exam, and background check will be required.
EJATT will not discriminate against apprenticeship applicants or apprentices based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, genetic information, or because they are an individual with a disability or a
person 40 years old or older. The EJATT will take affirmative action to provide equal opportunity in apprenticeship and will opportunity in apprenticeship and will operate the apprenticeship program as required under
Title 29 of the Code of Federal Regulations, Part 30.”